Happy Chinese New Year (overdue post)

This may be a outdated post to all the Chinese cause the 15th of the Lunar calendar is approaching, but pardon me because  just ended my finals yesterday and I pledge to blog more often and gain back the readers I've lost in the past few months!

Back to the topic.
On the weekend before I started my finals was the Chinese New Year that we looked forward since last year's.
Unlike typical celebration, we didn't dress up in new attire, didn't get ang pau (red packets a.k.a お年玉), didn't get to visit relatives houses, didn't get to decorate the red lanterns etc.
Although we can't do most of the things that we can do in our hometown, we continue and bring over the tradition of "Reunion Dinner" with our friends here instead of family. And the best part is we actually had "Lou Sang" too! *chuckles*
It's considered lucky for us to at least have our own species race who can celebrate with even though we are at faraway land from home.

We syoik sendiri enjoyed ourselves a lot and I can't believe how good all of us in preparing foods and cooking nowadays!
I guess one of the advantage of studying overseas is that it can actually make you to become a more-than-ordinary-cook because somehow you miss your homeland food and somehow you will try to cook it and somehow you will make it tastes as close as possible.
Do I have people who agree with me and can give me a big nod here? XD

It was pretty hard for me to not be with my family during my first CNY in Japan last year.
But things change and I adapt myself well.
Plus my family sent me lots of CNY titbits all the way from Malaysia!
Cannot express how happy I was!
However they missed out Bak Gua which I look forward to real much. hahaha!


Are you curious to see what we had for dinner that day?


#1
Salad Lou Sang
 carrot | egg | crab stick | ham | cucumber | bread crumbs
100% for creativity?? XD



#2
Popcorn Chicken



#3
Yakisoba (substitute for fried mee)



#5
Nestum Prawn



#6
Fried Calamari



#7
Mixed Vege



#8
Dayum Tomyum Steamed Fish



#9
Keropok



#10
Tangerine+Pineapple juice


That was our menu of the day! Whatchu think?
Looked good from the outside and taste better on the inside. 
Sound as if I'm praising ourselves. 老杨卖瓜,自卖自夸。*laughs*


Here is the photo of us, Kisarazu Chefs! 
#11



#12

Although it's a bit overdue, but I still want to wish all of you a 

Happy Chinese New Year!!!!

May this year fill you with health, prosperity and happiness.

xoxo



(photos taken with iPhone & Sony Nex-5R)


1 comments: